Friday, September 18, 2015

Perspectives...

Death ~ Cyanotype (in the style of)

I very much enjoyed the video found in Luminous Landscapes recent article on image making.  I particularly liked Brooks Jensen's point of view.

Have a look and see what you think.

I learned something that I hadn't realized.  Until recently, photo reproduction in magazines and books seldom matched original print quality.  This influenced _how_ we looked at images.

It's pretty easy to understand that even as original print and book or magazine publishing quality approach eachother, _how_ we look at images is strongly influenced by the technologies we now use.

There are some very important insights in these things.  The challenge is how to understand them and use them in my own work.

Carved Stone ~ Chartres Cathedral

Yesterday I saw something linked from SonyAlpha Rumors that made me smile.  A German blogger shared his realization that even cheap camera gear can make wonderful images.

It sounded like something I might have said more than a time or two over the years.

No comments: