Monday, May 29, 2023

I am reminded...

[I'm boosting this post to the top of the heap - 29 May, 2023]

Photography isn't about lenses and cameras and test results and preparing and then photographing situations and events.  No.  The more important things related to photography are our sometimes shared human experiences.  All that other technical stuff is just understanding, preparing, and to getting ready to make something.

People.  Experiences.  They are what count.  Camera or no.  Am I right?

I learned yesterday that a creative person my wife and I worked with passed away 7 years ago.  We never knew.

 

Age of Steam ~ sean360x

Like so many creative people we've worked with, Sean360X was a wonderful person.  

I'm not sure how we found each other.  It could've been in response to some of the work I posted on-line.  Or it could've come word of mouth.  I just can't remember.  

The photo-session was fun, interesting, and it quickly and easily unrolled.  Everyone knew their role and everything just *clicked*.

We worked with Sean360X for only a few hours.  Yet, our paths had crossed and we left strong impressions on each others lives.  A friend of his confirms this.

It's difficult to accept the fact there is one less creative person in the world.  Sean360X died so young.

 

Sean360x ~ Gods (a series)

No comments: