Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Going Soft ~ yet another look

In the last post I shared a few images of a wonderful bottle of wine.  I wanted to see how aperture affects the "feel" of an image and I used Sony 50mm f/1.8 SEL OSS and an old manual focus Nikon Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 to make the comparison.

In this post I would like to share images of a different subject.  Each year in February la porte de Versailles Parc des Expositions plays host to an old car show called Retromobile.  This year I found a wonderful old Bentley and, well, I wanted to see how images of it "feel" with and without the Nikon Soft number one filter.  I also want to see how processing affects the final outcome.

Take a look at the following.  If you find something you like, please take a moment and leave a comment as to which image you like and why.  Thank you.  I appreciate the feedback.


Bentley ~ Retromobile 2017 ~ Paris, France 
#1

Bentley ~ Retromobile 2017 ~ Paris, France 
#2

Bentley ~ Retromobile 2017 ~ Paris, France 
#3

Bentley ~ Retromobile 2017 ~ Paris, France
#4

Again, thank you for your time and comments.

1 comment:

cmaurice said...

So I prefer image 1, but thought I'd give it a little while, and I still prefer to see the car in that detail, but do begin to see the image as a little harsh after the wait. But the other images are still too soft. All the best!