Sunday, March 21, 2021

Down another rabbit hole...

Shared with little comment...

Aero Ektar lenses on old cameras (yes, I used to own an Aero Ektar and used it on a Speed Graphic, too, but what a BEAST that setup was)

David Burnett on photography

David Burnett photographing the 2nd impeachment hearings

Eric Lindbloom "Angels at the Arno" is a book that was shot using 120 film in a cheap meniscus lens Diana 

David Hamilton's "Venezia"/"Venice" is a book that was shot in a very soft style

A friend sent links and hints to these and other stuff just yesterday.  After wandering around that side of the photo-universe I felt I had to share them in case you're not already aware (I certainly wasn't - not that I know everything - very far from it, in fact).

The passion for photography is clearly evident to me.  Makes me wish Paris hadn't just re-confined for the third time in a year.  I feel stuck along the cote d'Azur and I don't have access to my "things."  I feel I'd like to continue to explore the use of a lens that I modified.  And I'd like to order a few books, too.

I realize this is a First World Problem and that we're all in the midst of something deadly serious (Covid-19).  Hopefully my wife and I will both have our vaccinations soon.

 

Peille ~ 2021

Peille ~ Village Perche'
in the Alps above Menton and Monaco

No comments: