Wednesday, July 15, 2026

Flickr - how to downrev mobile app to something useful

[Update 1 September, 2026] - I just read a Flickr page where they've backrev'd their application to a previous known good state. 

"... Thank you for your patience and feedback about the recent app update... we're rolling the app back to the previous version while we address the issues you've been experiencing..." 29 July, 2026

---------------------------------------- 

Just this week Flickr updated their Android mobile app.  It's what I use when on the road. The latest version, v5, however, is half baked and lack functions I rely on.  The new version does not (yet?) ...

  • Allow image selections that then upload through Flickrs app
  • Name multiple images on import
  • Add images to groups from the uploader
  • Tag multiple images on import 

The v5 app is very clumsy and forces a user to deal with one image at a time for naming, tagging, and group submissions.

Frustration breeds solutions, but only after I calm down.  Here's one way to downrev the Flickr mobile Android app to the last known good state.

  • Uninstall Flickr
  • Download the last known good version - I use APKmirror
  • Go to Play Store and install APKmirror Installer
  • Run APKmirror Installer 
  • Select the older Flickr version 
  • Follow the directions
  • Go to PlayStore - settings - manage and disable Flickr auto-update

I've left out certain details as I'm typing this on a mobile device. But this is a decent outline of how to get around Flickrs latest mobile app version deficiencies. 

 If further clarification is useful,  let me know and I will update this when I get in Big Computer range. 

Sky Repeat Dinard 

No comments: