I've been adding links since first posting this. A bit more Philosophy and more on Dallmeyer. In no particular order...
Dallmeyer -
An interesting overview - https://deltalenses.com/the-dallmeyer-story/
Dallmeyer site entry point - http://thedallmeyerarchive.com/index2.html
Portrait 2B settings - http://thedallmeyerarchive.com/Records/lensident/portrait.html
Serial numbers starting from 1863 - http://www.thedallmeyerarchive.com/Records/Identification.html
3B - https://negativnacestach.cz/en/dallmeyer-3b/
https://antiquecameras.net/softfocuslenses.html
http://thedallmeyerarchive.com/Records/biog.html
https://timlaytonfineart.com/dallmeyer-bergheim/
Philosophy -
https://galerie-photo.com/soft-focus-objectif-portrait-flou.html in French
https://grisebouille.net/lhdg35-pourquoi-je-fais-de-lart-libre/ in French
https://negativnacestach.cz/en/when-did-photography-go-soft/
This and that -
Hermagis Eidoscope interview - https://negativnacestach.cz/en/eidoscope/
Hermagis Eidoscope - https://apenasimagens.com/en/eidoscope-hermagis-som-berthiot/
Hermagis landscape- https://apenasimagens.com/en/landscape-lens-hermagis/
Nice history of soft focus lenses - https://antiquecameras.net/cameralensinformation/softfocuslenses.html
Did you know he did excellent soft focus work? - https://spenceralley.blogspot.com/2019/11/soft-focus-photography-by-frederick-h.html
https://timlaytonfineart.com/ps-vs-verito/
https://timlaytonfineart.com/2025/06/30/why-i-kept-these-soft-focus-lenses/
https://1library.net/article/development-soft-focus-lens-focus-anglo-american-pictorialism.qvl3n5dy
https://timlaytonfineart.com/hermagis/
https://imaging.nikon.com/imaging/information/story/0051/
This isn't pretty, but I'm on a mobile device until further notice. However , these should do the needful.
3 comments:
Thank you so much!
You're most welcome. I hope something in there proves directly useful. If not, come back to me and I'll see what else I can come up with. I seem to remember a few a few things. I just need to remember where they are hidden.
Paula, is there a site where I can see what you've come up with in using lenses like your Dallmeyer?
Post a Comment